Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today's a Day to Celebrate!

It is not merely for to-day, but for all time to come that we should perpetuate for our children's children this great and free government, which we have enjoyed all our lives. I beg you to remember this, not merely for my sake, but for yours. I happen temporarily to occupy this big White House. I am a living witness that any one of your children may look to come here as my father's child has. It is in order that each of you may have through this free government which we have enjoyed, an open field and a fair chance for your industry, enterprise and intelligence; that you may all have equal privileges in the race of life, with all its desirable human aspirations.

~ Abraham Lincoln ~

1 comment:

  1. Great quote, Diane! And a fabulous photo of our new president!

    ReplyDelete