Tuesday, December 27, 2011


Within caving circles, I’m told, spelunker now means an untrained and unknowledgeable amateur explorer; the more experienced prefer to term themselves cavers, which is also the usual British term. Scientists and cavers who explore with serious purpose continue to call themselves speleologists.

~ Michael Quinion ~

Photo by scot2342.

No comments:

Post a Comment