Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Pride and Prejudice!


There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.

~ Jane Austen ~

[Note: Pride and Prejudice has been long-lived and is well-loved around the world. Today is the 200th anniversary of its publication. In 200 years there have been many attempts at creating the perfect cover. Make sure you check out The Atlantic Wire article "200 Years of 'Pride and Prejudice' Book Design," from which I borrowed the cover above. There are book covers from ten countries at The Bennet Sisters blog, which are also of interest.]

No comments:

Post a Comment