Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sweet Dreams!


I know I’m gay and I should be proud of it, but in my life there is neither the right place nor the right time to come clean with it, and until then, what I read is going to be even more of an issue than ever. Going to the library is like entering a warzone as an enemy spy. Many experiences have taught me that someone is going to see the cover. How do I explain checking out a Regency romance or a Christopher Rice? As much as I love my library and my librarian for giving me the opportunity to check out these books in any way I can, it’s just not enough. I still have parents to deal with, school friends to watch, and a life to live...Gay or straight, a guy should be allowed to read whatever the hell he wants.

~ John at Dreaming in Books ~

No comments:

Post a Comment